For the spiced pumpkin cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9 x 13-in (23 x 33-cm) baking pan, then line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice mix, and salt, making sure no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, zest, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to spread it to the edges of the pan in an even layer. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the white chocolate frosting
- In a double-boiler or in the microwave at the minimum power level, melt the Chocolats Favoris White Chocolate Drops. (If using the microwave, heat for bursts of 10-15 seconds at a time and mix carefully before heating further. White chocolate is sensitive to heat and can burn easily.)
- Set aside the melted white chocolate and let cool for 10 minutes (using hot or warm white chocolate in the frosting would melt the butter.)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract and salt. Incorporate the powdered sugar ½ cup (125 ml) at a time, then beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Pour in the cooled melted white chocolate and beat for 2-3 minutes, until the frosting is fluffy.
- To serve, unmold the cake and peel off the parchment paper. Spread the frosting all over the cake, then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Slice and serve!